Sunday, June 15, 2014

Naked vs. Mac

Hello Beauties!

Today I want to compare two eyeshadow palettes. On the one hand I have the Naked palette and on the other I have the Mac Veluxe Pearlfusion Shadow in Smokeluxe. I noticed that there are some colours that are pretty similar and I wanted to take the test.




The Naked palette comes with 12 neutral colours and I bought it for 50$ from Sephora in Canada. It also comes with a flat eyeshadow brush and a sample version of the Urban Decay Primer Potion.

The Mac Veluxe Pearlfusion Shadow in Smokeluxe has 5 neutral colours and was for 45€. That´s 40$


Here is a close up of all the colours in the Mac palette.


I compared 5 colours from the Naked palette that I thought matched with the colours of the Mac palette and swatched them. The first colour on each arm is an eyeshadow from the Naked Palette and the one on the right are theMac shadows. Unfortunately the Mac shadows don't have any names so I wrote the numbers down.


s
Virgin - 1st colour of the Mac palette


Sidecar - 2nd colour of the Mac palette


Toasted - 3rd colour of the Mac palette

Gunmetal - 4th colour of the Mac palette

Creep - 5th colour of the Mac palette

As you can see, there are a lot of similarities between those two palettes. The Naked palette is definately more shimmery, as you can see on the last picture. The Mac black shadow is an matt one whereas the Naked one has glitter particles.
The Naked palette is more expensive than the Mac palette but therefore it has 7 more colours, comes with an eyeshadow brush, a primer and a mirror. I also feel like the Naked Palette is much more pigmented than the Mac Palette. I had to go at least three times into the Mac shadows to get a visible amount of colour on my arm for the swatches.

If I had to decide between these two palettes, I would defintely choose the Naked palette. What do you think?

I hope this post was helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below :)

Until then 
- Silky x


No comments:

Post a Comment